Friday, September 3, 2010

My BIG Decision


I have made the decision to get baptized. 
Had a meeting this Thursday with the Community Life Minister from my church. 

Jason has done so much for me and helping me find Christ. He has taken the time and answered any questions I might have had. I have confided in him what I feel are some of my faults and that I strive to be a better man and most importantly a better father. 


This was a big decision that I've struggled with for a long while. 


Luke11:13 says If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

If I just keep questioning and thinking I have sinned so how can I be saved and still maybe slip up. God just wants you to take that step. He will forgive. He will understand. He will lend a helping hand and walk with you through your struggle to be a better human being. He will be there when all is said and done with open arms just like the greatest father of all should and he will do. 


After I realized all that I knew the time was right.


Week after week I watched at the end of service these brave little kids, around 7-10 years old, give their lifes to The Lord. Their braveness helped me. 


So it doesn't matter that I might have sinned and that I might still slip up and undoubtedly I will. God will be there for me leading me. The righteous way. To pick me up and show me holy love. 


So this Sunday I will be washed by the water. My sins washed away.


May peace be with you all and all your families.



No comments:

Post a Comment